We are in the midst of serious “dog days” of summer, you know, those hot and uncomfortable 100+ degree summer days. It feels like ages since you felt the crisp winds of winter and an eternity until you will need to rake the leaves. We have some cool solutions. Here are the top five ways to beat the “dog days” of summer with Uncle Maddio’s:
- Ice Cream: Get a scoop of ice cream with your cookie. It is hard to make our cookies even more delicious, but everything is better à la mode.
- Cold Beverages: Relax on our patio (or inside with the air conditioning if you prefer) and enjoy our $9.99 pitcher of beer. You can also get a pitcher of coke, diet coke, iced-tea, or any of our other cold beverages.
- Peaches: Dive into our Peachy Keen Pizza or Summer Peach Salad. Both are available for a limited time this summer. For the pizza, we start with our homemade pizza crust and top it with our garlic olive oil, shredded mozzarella and sweet caramelized onions. Then we add crispy Italian prosciutto ham, feta crumbles and those fresh, sweet peaches. We finish it with basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Then there is our gorgeous Summer Peach Salad. It features fresh peaches on a bed of mixed greens and arugula, with crispy Italian prosciutto ham, feta crumbles, drizzled with red wine vinaigrette and topped with honey and toasted pistachios.
- BBQ: Let us BBQ for you! Who needs to get hot and bothered working the grill or shucking corn? We have a BBQ Chicken Pizza that tastes just like the summer of your youth. Our BBQ Chicken pizza has zesty bbq & tomato basil sauce, mozzarella, grilled chicken, bacon, red onions and roasted corn.
- Doggy Happy Hour: Every Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. is Doggy Happy Hour at Uncle Maddio’s. You can bring your dog, sit on the outdoor porch and enjoy a cold beer or other beverage with your pooch. We’ll have plenty of cold water and treats for four legged friend.
Share your photos of how you beat the “dog days” of summer with Uncle Maddio’s – be sure to tag us. We might even post your photos on our Facebook or Instagram pages.
Stay cool out there. See you soon.